Our top tips to enjoy your trip and help us adopt a respectful tourism.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips so Just Boarded has partnered with WorldNomads.com to keep you travelling safely. WorldNomads.com Travel Insurance is designed for independent and adventurous travellers and provides different levels of insurance which can cover medical expenses, loss of luggage & valuables, missed flights and legal expenses, as well as all the activities you'll be doing with us. Get a quote here.
- Access to training weekends in the UK (optional and at additional expense);
- All meals and drinking water during your trek;
- Airport and in country transfers;
- Accommodation in twins or shared rooms;
- All ground staff including a qualified English speaking guide, drivers, cooks, and porters;
- National Park entrance fees or trekking permits if needed.
- International flights (but we know where to find good deals so please get in touch);
- Vaccinations (please check this link for advice);
- Travel insurance (please get in touch for recommendation);
- Clothing and equipment listed on your kit list (please get in touch for recommendation);
- Tips and personal spending money;
The price of your trip will mainly depend on the number of people involved. Please send us an email to email@example.com with your preferred departure date, group size and any special requests (i.e. single room, extra night, extra activity) and we will get back to you with a quote.
We recommend booking for your adventure at least 6 months before departure to have time to buy equipment, train and make your friends and family jealous about that great adventure you’re going on!
In order to secure your private trip we will send you an invoice for a deposit of £200/€200 per person. The remaining balance invoice will be sent to you 4 months before departure.
We strongly encourage you to do some good before, during and after your adventure so please support any charity you want. Please note the money raised can't go towards the price of your trip. All money raised will go straight to the charity.
No, we believe that all the money you raise should go straight to the charity and not used to pay for your adventure. You personally cover the full cost of the trip which is separate from your sponsorship.
Once you sign up you will receive the below:
- A detailed itinerary;
- A gear list to make sure you pack everything you need for your adventure;
- Some training tips to get in shape before the big day;
- Our top secret adventure travel tips;
- Information on how to get your VISA.
The minimum age is 16 but all children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult. Our trips don’t have a maximum age limit.
Travel insurance is compulsory for all our trips. You have to be covered for medical expenses including emergency repatriation. We strongly recommend that the policy also covers personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. A copy will need to be sent to us before departure. To get a quote, click here.
We can cater for pretty much all diets (vegetarians, vegans, gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, etc) but it may not be very varied especially in more rural areas. We will however always make sure you have enough to eat. It’s a good idea to bring some of your favourite snacks with you. Please let us know your dietary requirements at least 4 months before your trip starts.
In the main cities, we always try to book nice and comfortable family-run hotels near the city centre with en-suite bathrooms. In the rural areas the accommodation could range from tent to guest house, small hotel or community eco-lodge and therefore be more basic (shared room, shared bathroom…). Details of each night’s accommodation are given in each trip’s itinerary.
During the day you will only have to carry your day bag with your essentials (extra layers, water, snacks, sun cream, medications, waterproofs, etc). Your main bag will be transferred each day to the next hotel so you will have it with you every evening. If you need help to carry your day bag please get in touch as you might be able to hire a porter to help you.